Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Squeezing(0.01135 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Squeezing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : the act of gripping and pressing firmly; “he gave her cheek
a playful squeeze” [syn: squeeze]
English → English (gcide)
Squeeze \Squeeze\ (skw[=e]z), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Squeezed
(skw[=e]zd); p. pr. & vb. n. Squeezing.] [OE. queisen, AS.
cw[=e]san, cw[=y]san, cw[=i]san, of uncertain origin. The s-
was probably prefixed through the influence of squash, v.t.]
1. To press between two bodies; to press together closely; to
compress; often, to compress so as to expel juice,
moisture, etc.; as, to squeeze an orange with the fingers;
to squeeze the hand in friendship.
2. Fig.: To oppress with hardships, burdens, or taxes; to
harass; to crush.
In a civil war, people must expect to be crushed and
squeezed toward the burden. --L'Estrange.
3. To force, or cause to pass, by compression; often with
out, through, etc.; as, to squeeze water through felt.
Syn: To compress; hug; pinch; gripe; crowd.
Squeezing \Squeez"ing\, n.
1. The act of pressing; compression; oppression.
2. pl. That which is forced out by pressure; dregs.
3. Same as Squeeze, n., 2.