Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Spend (0.00935 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Spend.
English → Indonesian
membelanjakan, membiayakan, mengeluarkan, menghabisi, menghabiskan
English → English
v 1: pass (time) in a specific way; “How are you spending your
2: pay out; “spend money”
3: spend completely; “I spend my pocket money in two days”
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spent
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [AS. spendan (in comp.), fr. L. expendere or
dispendere to weigh out, to expend, dispense. See Pendant
and cf. Dispend
1. To weigh or lay out; to dispose of; to part with; as, to
spend money for clothing.
Spend thou that in the town. --Shak.
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not
bread? --Isa. lv. 2.
2. To bestow; to employ; -- often with on or upon.
I . . . am never loath
To spend my judgment. --Herbert.
3. To consume; to waste; to squander; to exhaust; as, to
spend an estate in gaming or other vices.
4. To pass, as time; to suffer to pass away; as, to spend a
day idly; to spend winter abroad.
We spend our years as a tale that is told. --Ps. xc.
5. To exhaust of force or strength; to waste; to wear away;
as, the violence of the waves was spent.
Their bodies spent with long labor and thirst.
, v. i.
1. To expend money or any other possession; to consume, use,
waste, or part with, anything; as, he who gets easily
He spends as a person who knows that he must come to
a reckoning. --South.
2. To waste or wear away; to be consumed; to lose force or
strength; to vanish; as, energy spends in the using of it.
The sound spendeth and is dissipated in the open
3. To be diffused; to spread.
The vines that they use for wine are so often cut,
that their sap spendeth into the grapes. --Bacon.
4. (Mining) To break ground; to continue working.