Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Spear grass(0.01000 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Spear grass.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Spear grass
Spear \Spear\, n. [OE. spere, AS. spere; akin to D. & G. speer,
OS. & OHS. sper, Icel. spj["o]r, pl., Dan. sp[ae]r, L.
1. A long, pointed weapon, used in war and hunting, by
thrusting or throwing; a weapon with a long shaft and a
sharp head or blade; a lance.
Note: [See Illust. of Spearhead.] “A sharp ground spear.”
They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and
their spears into pruning hooks. --Micah iv. 3.
2. Fig.: A spearman. --Sir W. Scott.
3. A sharp-pointed instrument with barbs, used for stabbing
fish and other animals.
4. A shoot, as of grass; a spire.
5. The feather of a horse. See Feather, n., 4.
6. The rod to which the bucket, or plunger, of a pump is
attached; a pump rod.
Spear foot, the off hind foot of a horse.
Spear grass. (Bot.)
(a) The common reed. See Reed, n., 1.
(b) meadow grass. See under Meadow.
Spear hand, the hand in which a horseman holds a spear; the
right hand. --Crabb.
Spear side, the male line of a family. --Lowell.
Spear thistle (Bot.), the common thistle (Cnicus lanceolatus