Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sovereign state(0.01927 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Sovereign state.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Sovereign state
Sovereign \Sov"er*eign\ (? or ?; 277), a. [OE. soverain,
sovereyn, OF. soverain, suvrain, F. souverain, LL. superanus,
fr. L. superus that is above, upper, higher, fr. super above.
See Over, Super, and cf. Soprano. The modern spelling
is due to a supposed connection with reign.]
1. Supreme or highest in power; superior to all others;
chief; as, our sovereign prince.
2. Independent of, and unlimited by, any other; possessing,
or entitled to, original authority or jurisdiction; as, a
sovereign state; a sovereign discretion.
3. Princely; royal. “Most sovereign name.” --Shak.
At Babylon was his sovereign see. --Chaucer.
4. Predominant; greatest; utmost; paramount.
We acknowledge him [God] our sovereign good.
5. Efficacious in the highest degree; effectual; controlling;
as, a sovereign remedy. --Dryden.
Such a sovereign influence has this passion upon the
regulation of the lives and actions of men. --South.
Sovereign state, a state which administers its own
government, and is not dependent upon, or subject to,