Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Southing(0.01430 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Southing.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the region of the United States lying south of the
2: the southern states that seceded from the United States in
1861 [syn: Confederacy, Confederate States, Confederate States of America
, Dixie, Dixieland]
3: the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees [syn: due south
4: any region lying in or toward the south [syn: southland]
English → English (gcide)
South \South\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Southed; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To turn or move toward the south; to veer toward the
2. (Astron.) To come to the meridian; to cross the north and
south line; -- said chiefly of the moon; as, the moon
souths at nine.
Southing \South"ing\ (?; 277), n.
1. Tendency or progress southward; as, the southing of the
2. The time at which the moon, or other heavenly body, passes
the meridian of a place.
3. (Astron.) Distance of any heavenly body south of the
equator; south declination; south latitude.
4. (Surv. & Navigation) Distance southward from any point
departure or of reckoning, measured on a meridian; --
opposed to northing.