Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sound currency (0.00747 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Sound currency.
English → English
Definition: Sound currency
, a. [Compar. Sounder
; superl. Soundest
sound, AS. sund; akin to D. gezond, G. gesund, OHG. gisunt,
Dan. & Sw. sund, and perhaps to L. sanus. Cf. Sane
1. Whole; unbroken; unharmed; free from flaw, defect, or
decay; perfect of the kind; as, sound timber; sound fruit;
a sound tooth; a sound ship.
2. Healthy; not diseased; not being in a morbid state; --
said of body or mind; as, a sound body; a sound
constitution; a sound understanding.
3. Firm; strong; safe.
The brasswork here, how rich it is in beams,
And how, besides, it makes the whole house sound.
4. Free from error; correct; right; honest; true; faithful;
orthodox; -- said of persons; as, a sound lawyer; a sound
Do not I know you a favorer
Of this new seat? Ye are nor sound. --Shak.
5. Founded in truth or right; supported by justice; not to be
overthrown on refuted; not fallacious; as, sound argument
or reasoning; a sound objection; sound doctrine; sound
Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast
heard of me. --2 Tim. i.
6. heavy; laid on with force; as, a sound beating.
7. Undisturbed; deep; profound; as, sound sleep.
8. Founded in law; legal; valid; not defective; as, a sound
title to land.
Note: Sound is sometimes used in the formation of
self-explaining compounds; as, sound-headed,
sound-hearted, sound-timbered, etc.
(Com.), a currency whose actual value is the
same as its nominal value; a currency which does not
deteriorate or depreciate or fluctuate in comparision with
the standard of values.