Found 1 items, similar to Snow plow.
English → English
Definition: Snow plow
, Plough \Plough\
(plou), n. [OE. plouh, plou, AS.
pl[=o]h; akin to D. ploeg, G. pflug, OHG. pfluog, pfluoh,
Icel. pl[=o]gr, Sw. plog, Dan. ploug, plov, Russ. plug',
1. A well-known implement, drawn by horses, mules, oxen, or
other power, for turning up the soil to prepare it for
bearing crops; also used to furrow or break up the soil
for other purposes; as, the subsoil plow; the draining
Where fern succeeds ungrateful to the plow.
2. Fig.: Agriculture; husbandry. --Johnson.
3. A carucate of land; a plowland. [Obs.] [Eng.]
Johan, mine eldest son, shall have plowes five.
4. A joiner's plane for making grooves; a grooving plane.
5. (Bookbinding) An implement for trimming or shaving off the
edges of books.
6. (Astron.) Same as Charles's Wain
, a plow used for cutting ice on rivers, ponds,
etc., into cakes suitable for storing. [U. S.]
. See under Mackerel
, a penny formerly paid by every plowland to the
, that part of the frame of a plow to which the
draught is applied. See Beam
, n., 9.
, the Monday after Twelth Day, or the end of
(a) A kind of long-handled spade or paddle for cleaning
the plowshare; a paddle staff.
(b) A plow handle.
, a structure, usually [Lambda]-shaped, for
removing snow from sidewalks, railroads, etc., -- drawn or
driven by a horse or a locomotive.