Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Smooth breathing(0.01218 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Smooth breathing.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Smooth breathing
Breathing \Breath"ing\, n.
1. Respiration; the act of inhaling and exhaling air.
Subject to a difficulty of breathing. --Melmoth.
2. Air in gentle motion.
3. Any gentle influence or operation; inspiration; as, the
breathings of the Spirit.
4. Aspiration; secret prayer. “Earnest desires and
breathings after that blessed state.” --Tillotson.
5. Exercising; promotion of respiration.
Here is a lady that wants breathing too;
And I have heard, you knights of Tyre
Are excellent in making ladies trip. --Shak.
6. Utterance; communication or publicity by words.
I am sorry to give breathing to my purpose. --Shak.
7. Breathing place; vent. --Dryden.
8. Stop; pause; delay.
You shake the head at so long a breathing. --Shak.
9. Also, in a wider sense, the sound caused by the friction
of the outgoing breath in the throat, mouth, etc., when
the glottis is wide open; aspiration; the sound expressed
by the letter h.
10. (Gr. Gram.) A mark to indicate aspiration or its absence.
See Rough breathing, Smooth breathing, below.
(a) A pause. ``That c[ae]sura, or breathing place, in the
midst of the verse.'' --Sir P. Sidney.
(b) A vent.
Breathing time, pause; relaxation. --Bp. Hall.
Breathing while, time sufficient for drawing breath; a
short time. --Shak.
Rough breathing (spiritus asper) ([spasp]). See 2d
Smooth breathing (spiritus lenis), a mark (') indicating
the absence of the sound of h, as in 'ie`nai (ienai).