Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Slink(0.01075 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Slink.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v : walk stealthily; “I saw a cougar slinking toward its prey”
English → English (gcide)
Slink \Slink\, v. t. [imp. Slunk, Archaic Slank; p. p.
Slunk; p. pr. & vb. n. Slinking.] [AS. slincan; probably
akin to G. schleichen, E. sleek. See Sleek, a.]
1. To creep away meanly; to steal away; to sneak. “To slink
away and hide.” --Tale of Beryn.
Back to the thicket slunk
The guilty serpent. --Milton.
There were some few who slank obliquely from them as
they passed. --Landor.
2. To miscarry; -- said of female beasts.
Slink \Slink\, v. t.
To cast prematurely; -- said of female beasts; as, a cow that
slinks her calf.
Slink \Slink\, a.
1. Produced prematurely; as, a slink calf.
2. Thin; lean. [Scot.]
Slink \Slink\, n.
1. The young of a beast brought forth prematurely, esp. a
calf brought forth before its time.
2. A thievish fellow; a sneak. [Prov. Eng. & Scot.]