Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Skipper(0.01825 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Skipper.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a student who fails to attend classes
2: an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship [syn:
master, captain, sea captain]
3: the naval officer in command of a military ship [syn: captain]
v : work as the skipper on a vessel
English → English (gcide)
Skipper \Skip"per\, n.
1. One who, or that which, skips.
2. A young, thoughtless person. --Shak.
3. (Zo["o]l.) The saury (Scomberesox saurus).
4. The cheese maggot. See Cheese fly, under Cheese.
5. (Zo["o]l.) Any one of numerous species of small
butterflies of the family Hesperiad[ae]; -- so called
from their peculiar short, jerking flight.
Skipper \Skip"per\, n. [D. schipper. See Shipper, and Ship.]
1. (Naut.) The master of a fishing or small trading vessel;
hence, the master, or captain, of any vessel.
2. A ship boy. [Obs.] --Congreve.