Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Size roll(0.00922 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Size roll.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Size roll
Size \Size\, n. [Abbrev. from assize. See Assize, and cf.
1. A settled quantity or allowance. See Assize. [Obs.] “To
scant my sizes.” --Shak.
2. (Univ. of Cambridge, Eng.) An allowance of food and drink
from the buttery, aside from the regular dinner at
commons; -- corresponding to battel at Oxford.
3. Extent of superficies or volume; bulk; bigness; magnitude;
as, the size of a tree or of a mast; the size of a ship or
of a rock.
4. Figurative bulk; condition as to rank, ability, character,
etc.; as, the office demands a man of larger size.
Men of a less size and quality. --L'Estrange.
The middling or lower size of people. --Swift.
5. A conventional relative measure of dimension, as for
shoes, gloves, and other articles made up for sale.
6. An instrument consisting of a number of perforated gauges
fastened together at one end by a rivet, -- used for
ascertaining the size of pearls. --Knight.
Size roll, a small piese of parchment added to a roll.
Size stick, a measuring stick used by shoemakers for
ascertaining the size of the foot.
Syn: Dimension; bigness; largeness; greatness; magnitude.