Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sitting room(0.01082 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Sitting room.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: sitting room
n : a room in a private house or establishment where people can
sit and talk and relax [syn: living room, living-room,
front room, parlor, parlour]
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Sitting room
Sitting \Sit"ting\, n.
1. The state or act of one who sits; the posture of one who
occupies a seat.
2. A seat, or the space occupied by or allotted for a person,
in a church, theater, etc.; as, the hall has 800 sittings.
3. The act or time of sitting, as to a portrait painter,
4. The actual presence or meeting of any body of men in their
seats, clothed with authority to transact business; a
session; as, a sitting of the judges of the King's Bench,
or of a commission.
The sitting closed in great agitation. --Macaulay.
5. The time during which one sits while doing something, as
reading a book, playing a game, etc.
For the understanding of any one of St. Paul's
Epistles I read it all through at one sitting.
6. A brooding over eggs for hatching, as by fowls.
The male bird . . . amuses her [the female] with his
songs during the whole time of her sitting.
Sitting room, an apartment where the members of a family
usually sit, as distinguished from a drawing-room, parlor,
chamber, or kitchen.