Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Show of hands (0.00973 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Show of hands.
English → English
Definition: Show of hands
, n. [Formerly written also shew.]
1. The act of showing, or bringing to view; exposure to
2. That which os shown, or brought to view; that which is
arranged to be seen; a spectacle; an exhibition; as, a
traveling show; a cattle show.
As for triumphs, masks, feasts, and such shows.
3. Proud or ostentatious display; parade; pomp.
I envy none their pageantry and show. --Young.
4. Semblance; likeness; appearance.
He through the midst unmarked,
In show plebeian angel militant
Of lowest order, passed. --Milton.
5. False semblance; deceitful appearance; pretense.
Beware of the scribes, . . . which devour widows'
houses, and for a shew make long prayers. --Luke xx.
6. (Med.) A discharge, from the vagina, of mucus streaked
with blood, occuring a short time before labor.
7. (Mining) A pale blue flame, at the top of a candle flame,
indicating the presence of fire damp. --Raymond.
, a broad sheet containing an advertisement in
, a box xontaining some object of curiosity carried
round as a show.
, an advertising placard; also, a card for
, a gla?ed case, box, or cabinet for displaying
and protecting shopkeepers' wares, articles on exhibition
in museums, etc.
, a glass which displays objects; a mirror.
Show of hands
, a raising of hands to indicate judgment; as,
the vote was taken by a show of hands.
, a piece of glass or crystal supposed to have
the property of exhibiting images of persons or things not
present, indicating in that way future events.