Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sheathed(0.01301 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Sheathed.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : enclosed in a protective covering; sometimes used in
combination; “his sheathed sword”; “the cat's sheathed
claws”; “a ship's bottom sheathed in copper”;
“copper-sheathed” [ant: unsheathed]
English → English (gcide)
Sheathed \Sheathed\, a.
1. Povided with, or inclosed in, sheath.
2. (Bot.) Invested by a sheath, or cylindrical membranaceous
tube, which is the base of the leaf, as the stalk or culm
in grasses; vaginate.
Sheathe \Sheathe\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Sheathed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Sheating.] [Written also sheath.]
1. To put into a sheath, case, or scabbard; to inclose or
cover with, or as with, a sheath or case.
The leopard . . . keeps the claws of his fore feet
turned up from the ground, and sheathed in the skin
of his toes. --Grew.
'T is in my breast she sheathes her dagger now.
2. To fit or furnish, as with a sheath. --Shak.
3. To case or cover with something which protects, as thin
boards, sheets of metal, and the like; as, to sheathe a
ship with copper.
4. To obtund or blunt, as acrimonious substances, or sharp
particles. [R.] --Arbuthnot.
To sheathe the sword, to make peace.