Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Shadow of death (0.00817 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Shadow of death.
English → English
Definition: Shadow of death
(sh[a^]d"[-o]), n. [Originally the same word as
shade. [root]162. See Shade
1. Shade within defined limits; obscurity or deprivation of
light, apparent on a surface, and representing the form of
the body which intercepts the rays of light; as, the
shadow of a man, of a tree, or of a tower. See the Note
, n., 1.
2. Darkness; shade; obscurity.
Night's sable shadows from the ocean rise. --Denham.
3. A shaded place; shelter; protection; security.
In secret shadow from the sunny ray,
On a sweet bed of lilies softly laid. --Spenser.
4. A reflected image, as in a mirror or in water. --Shak.
5. That which follows or attends a person or thing like a
shadow; an inseparable companion; hence, an obsequious
Sin and her shadow Death. --Milton.
6. A spirit; a ghost; a shade; a phantom. “Hence, horrible
7. An imperfect and faint representation; adumbration;
indistinct image; dim bodying forth; hence, mystical
The law having a shadow of good things to come.
--Heb. x. 1.
[Types] and shadows of that destined seed. --Milton.
8. A small degree; a shade. “No variableness, neither shadow
--James i. 17.
9. An uninvited guest coming with one who is invited. [A
I must not have my board pastered with shadows
That under other men's protection break in
Without invitement. --Massinger.
Shadow of death
, darkness or gloom like that caused by the
presence or the impending of death. --Ps. xxiii. 4.