Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Scoop wheel(0.00978 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Scoop wheel.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Scoop wheel
Scoop \Scoop\, n. [OE. scope, of Scand. origin; cf. Sw. skopa,
akin to D. schop a shovel, G. sch["u]ppe, and also to E.
shove. See Shovel.]
1. A large ladle; a vessel with a long handle, used for
dipping liquids; a utensil for bailing boats.
2. A deep shovel, or any similar implement for digging out
and dipping or shoveling up anything; as, a flour scoop;
the scoop of a dredging machine.
3. (Surg.) A spoon-shaped instrument, used in extracting
certain substances or foreign bodies.
4. A place hollowed out; a basinlike cavity; a hollow.
Some had lain in the scoop of the rock. --J. R.
5. A sweep; a stroke; a swoop.
6. The act of scooping, or taking with a scoop or ladle; a
motion with a scoop, as in dipping or shoveling.
7. a quantity sufficient to fill a scoop; -- used especially
for ice cream, dispensed with an ice cream scoop; as, an
ice cream cone with two scoops.
8. an act of reporting (news, research results) before a
rival; also called a beat. [Newspaper or laboratory
[Webster 1913 Suppl. +PJC]
9. news or information; as, what's the scoop on John's
Scoop net, a kind of hand net, used in fishing; also, a net
for sweeping the bottom of a river.
Scoop wheel, a wheel for raising water, having scoops or
buckets attached to its circumference; a tympanum.