Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sanhedrin (0.00849 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Sanhedrin.
English → English
, Sanhedrim \San"he*drim\
, n. [Heb.
sanhedr[=i]n, fr. Gr. ?; ? with + ? a seat, fr. ? to sit. See
.] (Jewish Antiq.)
the great council of the Jews, which consisted of seventy
members, to whom the high priest was added. It had
jurisdiction of religious matters.
, n. [F., from L. synagoga, Gr. ? a
bringing together, an assembly, a synagogue, fr. ? to bring
together; sy`n with + ? to lead. See Syn-
, and Agent
1. A congregation or assembly of Jews met for the purpose of
worship, or the performance of religious rites.
2. The building or place appropriated to the religious
worship of the Jews.
3. The council of, probably, 120 members among the Jews,
first appointed after the return from the Babylonish
captivity; -- called also the Great Synagogue
sometimes, though erroneously, the Sanhedrin
4. A congregation in the early Christian church.
My brethren, . . . if there come into your synagogue
a man with a gold ring. --James ii.
5. Any assembly of men. [Obs. or R.] --Milton.