Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Ridge(0.01114 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Ridge.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: extend in ridges; “The land ridges towards the South”
2: plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an
3: throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; “He ridged
4: spade into alternate ridges and troughs; “ridge the soil”
5: form into a ridge
n 1: a long narrow natural elevation or striation
2: any long raised strip
3: a long narrow range of hills
4: any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or
5: a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment
for upper end of rafters [syn: ridgepole, rooftree]
English → English (gcide)
Ridge \Ridge\ (r[i^]j), n. [OE. rigge the back, AS. hrycg; akin
to D. rug, G. r["U]cken, OHG. rucki, hrukki, Icel. hryggr,
Sw. rugg, Dan. ryg. [root]16.]
1. The back, or top of the back; a crest. --Hudibras.
2. A range of hills or mountains, or the upper part of such a
range; any extended elevation between valleys. “The
frozen ridges of the Alps.” --Shak.
Part rise crystal wall, or ridge direct. --Milton.
3. A raised line or strip, as of ground thrown up by a plow
or left between furrows or ditches, or as on the surface
of metal, cloth, or bone, etc.
4. (Arch.) The intersection of two surface forming a salient
angle, especially the angle at the top between the
opposite slopes or sides of a roof or a vault.
5. (Fort.) The highest portion of the glacis proceeding from
the salient angle of the covered way. --Stocqueler.
Ridge \Ridge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ridged; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To form a ridge of; to furnish with a ridge or ridges; to
make into a ridge or ridges.
Bristles ranged like those that ridge the back
Of chafed wild boars. --Milton.
2. To form into ridges with the plow, as land.
3. To wrinkle. “With a forehead ridged.” --Cowper.