Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Resolution of a nebula(0.01534 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Resolution of a nebula.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Resolution of a nebula
Resolution \Res`o*lu"tion\ (-l?"sh?n), n. [F. r['e]solution. L.
resolutio a loosening, solution. See Resolve.]
1. The act, operation, or process of resolving. Specifically:
(a) The act of separating a compound into its elements or
(b) The act of analyzing a complex notion, or solving a
vexed question or difficult problem.
The unraveling and resolution of the
difficulties that are met with in the execution
of the design are the end of an action.
2. The state of being relaxed; relaxation. [Obs.]
3. The state of being resolved, settled, or determined;
firmness; steadiness; constancy; determination.
Be it with resolution then to fight. --Shak.
4. That which is resolved or determined; a settled purpose;
determination. Specifically: A formal expression of the
opinion or will of an official body or a public assembly,
adopted by vote; as, a legislative resolution; the
resolutions of a public meeting.
5. The state of being resolved or firm in opinion or thought;
conviction; assurance. [Obs.]
Little resolution and certainty there is as touching
the islands of Mauritania. --Holland.
6. (Math.) The act or process of solving; solution; as, the
resolution of an equation or problem.
7. (Med.) A breaking up, disappearance; or termination, as of
a fever, a tumor, or the like.
8. (Mus.) The passing of a dissonant into a consonant chord
by the rising or falling of the note which makes the
9. (Technical) The act of distinguishing between two close
but not identical objects, or, when taking a measurement,
bbetween two close values of the property measured.
10. (Technical) a measure of the ability to distinguish
between two close but not identical values of the
property being measured; it is expressed as the
difference in values of a property necessary to make such
a distinction; as, a microscope with a resolution of one
micron; a thermometer with a resolution of one-tenth of a
degree. Also called resolving power.
Joint resolution. See under Joint, a.
Resolution of a force or Resolution of a motion (Mech.),
the separation of a single force or motion into two or
more which have different directions, and, taken together,
are an equivalent for the single one; -- the opposite of
composition of a force.
Resolution of a nebula (Astron.), the exhibition of it to
the eye by a telescope of such power as to show it to be
composed of small stars.
Syn: Decision; analysis; separation; disentanglement;
dissolution; resolvedness; resoluteness; firmness;
constancy; perseverance; steadfastness; fortitude;
boldness; purpose; resolve. See Decision.