Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Raia clavata (0.01708 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Raia clavata.
English → English
Definition: Raia clavata
, n. [Shortened from maiden. ?. See Maiden
1. An unmarried woman; usually, a young unmarried woman;
esp., a girl; a virgin; a maiden.
Would I had died a maid,
And never seen thee, never borne thee son. --Shak.
Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her
attire? Yet my people have forgotten me. --Jer. ii.
2. A man who has not had sexual intercourse. [Obs.]
Christ was a maid and shapen as a man. --Chaucer.
3. A female servant.
Spinning amongst her maids. --Shak.
Note: Maid is used either adjectively or in composition,
signifying female, as in maid child, maidservant.
4. (Zo["o]l.) The female of a ray or skate, esp. of the gray
skate (Raia batis
), and of the thornback (Raia clavata
). [Prov. Eng.]
. (Zo["o]l.) See under Fair
Maid of honor
, a female attendant of a queen or royal
princess; -- usually of noble family, and having to
perform only nominal or honorary duties.
. See under Old
1. (Zo["o]l.) A European skate (Raia clavata
thornlike spines on its back.
2. (Zo["o]l.) The large European spider crab or king crab