Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Radiant heat(0.00994 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Radiant heat.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Radiant heat
Radiant \Ra"di*ant\ (r[=a]"d[i^]*ant), a. [L. radians, -antis,
p. pr. of radiare to emit rays or beams, fr. radius ray: cf.
F. radiant. See Radius, Ray a divergent line.]
1. Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays;
2. Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat;
issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness;
emitting a vivid light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
Mark what radiant state she spreads. --Milton.
3. Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
4. (Her.) Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun
radiant; a crown radiant.
5. (Bot.) Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal
flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of
the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
6. (Physics) Emitted or transmitted by radiation; as, a
radiant energy; radiant heat.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Radiant energy (Physics), energy given out or transmitted
by radiation, as in the case of light and radiant heat.
Radiant heat, heat proceeding in right lines, or directly
from the heated body, after the manner of light, in
distinction from heat conducted or carried by intervening
Radiant point. (Astron.) See Radiant, n., 3.