Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Radiant heat (0.00829 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Radiant heat.
English → English
Definition: Radiant heat
(r[=a]"d[i^]*ant), a. [L. radians, -antis,
p. pr. of radiare to emit rays or beams, fr. radius ray: cf.
F. radiant. See Radius
a divergent line.]
1. Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays;
2. Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat;
issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness;
emitting a vivid light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
Mark what radiant state she spreads. --Milton.
3. Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
4. (Her.) Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun
radiant; a crown radiant.
5. (Bot.) Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal
flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of
the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
6. (Physics) Emitted or transmitted by radiation; as, a
radiant energy; radiant heat.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
(Physics), energy given out or transmitted
by radiation, as in the case of light and radiant heat.
, heat proceeding in right lines, or directly
from the heated body, after the manner of light, in
distinction from heat conducted or carried by intervening
. (Astron.) See Radiant
, n., 3.