Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Quirk(0.01750 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Quirk.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a strange attitude or habit [syn: oddity, queerness, quirkiness,
2: a narrow groove beside a beading
v : twist or curve abruptly; “She quirked her head in a peculiar
way” English → English (gcide)
Quirk \Quirk\ (kw[~e]rk), n. [Written also querk.] [Cf. W.
chwiori to turn briskly, or E. queer.]
1. A sudden turn; a starting from the point or line; hence,
an artful evasion or subterfuge; a shift; a quibble; as,
the quirks of a pettifogger. “Some quirk or . . .
We ground the justification of our nonconformity on
dark subtilties and intricate quirks. --Barrow.
2. A fit or turn; a short paroxysm; a caprice. [Obs.]
“Quirks of joy and grief.” --Shak.
3. A smart retort; a quibble; a shallow conceit.
Some odd quirks and remnants of wit. --Shak.
4. An irregular air; as, light quirks of music. --Pope.
5. (Building) A piece of ground taken out of any regular
ground plot or floor, so as to make a court, yard, etc.;
-- sometimes written quink. --Gwilt.
6. (Arch.) A small channel, deeply recessed in proportion to
its width, used to insulate and give relief to a convex
Quirk molding, a bead between two quirks.