Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Proxies(0.01066 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Proxies.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a person authorized to act for another [syn: placeholder,
2: a power of attorney document given by shareholders of a
corporation authorizing a specific vote on their behalf at
a corporate meeting
English → English (gcide)
Proxy \Prox"y\, n.; pl. Proxies. [Contr. from procuracy. Cf.
1. The agency for another who acts through the agent;
authority to act for another, esp. to vote in a
legislative or corporate capacity.
I have no man's proxy: I speak only for myself.
2. The person who is substituted or deputed to act or vote
Every peer . . . may make another lord of parliament
his proxy, to vote for him in his absence.
3. A writing by which one person authorizes another to vote
in his stead, as in a corporation meeting.
4. (Eng. Law) The written appointment of a proctor in suits
in the ecclesiastical courts. --Burrill.
5. (Eccl.) See Procuration. [Obs.]