Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Proved(0.03100 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Proved.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : established beyond doubt; “a proven liar”; “a Soviet leader
of proven shrewdness” [syn: proven] [ant: unproved]
English → English (gcide)
Prove \Prove\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Proved; p. pr. & vb. n.
Proving.] [OE. prover, F. prouver, fr. L. probare to try,
approve, prove, fr. probus good, proper. Cf. Probable,
1. To try or to ascertain by an experiment, or by a test or
standard; to test; as, to prove the strength of gunpowder
or of ordnance; to prove the contents of a vessel by a
Thou hast proved mine heart. --Ps. xvii. 3.
2. To evince, establish, or ascertain, as truth, reality, or
fact, by argument, testimony, or other evidence.
They have inferred much from slender premises, and
conjectured when they could not prove. --J. H.
3. To ascertain or establish the genuineness or validity of;
to verify; as, to prove a will.
4. To gain experience of the good or evil of; to know by
trial; to experience; to suffer.
Where she, captived long, great woes did prove.
5. (Arith.) To test, evince, ascertain, or verify, as the
correctness of any operation or result; thus, in
subtraction, if the difference between two numbers, added
to the lesser number, makes a sum equal to the greater,
the correctness of the subtraction is proved.
6. (Printing) To take a trial impression of; to take a proof
of; as, to prove a page.
Syn: To try; verify; justify; confirm; establish; evince;
manifest; show; demonstrate.