Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Prose(0.01394 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Prose.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: ordinary writing as distinguished from verse
2: matter of fact, commonplace, or dull expression
English → English (gcide)
Prose \Prose\, n. [F. prose, L. prosa, fr. prorsus, prosus,
straight forward, straight on, for proversus; pro forward +
versus, p. p. of vertere to turn. See Verse.]
1. The ordinary language of men in speaking or writing;
language not cast in poetical measure or rhythm; --
contradistinguished from verse, or metrical composition.
I speak in prose, and let him rymes make. --Chaucer.
Things unattempted yet in prose or rhyme. --Milton.
I wish our clever young poets would remember my
homely definitions of prose and poetry, that is;
prose -- words in their best order; poetry -- the
best order. --Coleridge.
2. Hence, language which evinces little imagination or
animation; dull and commonplace discourse.
3. (R. C. Ch.) A hymn with no regular meter, sometimes
introduced into the Mass. See Sequence.
Prose \Prose\, a.
1. Pertaining to, or composed of, prose; not in verse; as,
2. Possessing or exhibiting unpoetical characteristics;
plain; dull; prosaic; as, the prose duties of life.
Prose \Prose\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Prosed; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To write in prose.
2. To write or repeat in a dull, tedious, or prosy way.
Prose \Prose\, v. i.
1. To write prose.
Prosing or versing, but chiefly this latter.