Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Privative (0.00900 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Privative.
English → English
, a. [L. privativus: cf. F. privatif. See
1. Causing privation; depriving.
2. Consisting in the absence of something; not positive;
Privative blessings, blessings of immunity,
safeguard, liberty, and integrity. --Jer. Taylor.
3. (Gram.) Implying privation or negation; giving a negative
force to a word; as, alpha privative; privative particles;
-- applied to such prefixes and suffixes as a- (Gr. ?),
un-, non-, -less.
1. That of which the essence is the absence of something.
Blackness and darkness are indeed but privatives.
2. (Logic) A term indicating the absence of any quality which
might be naturally or rationally expected; -- called also
3. (Gram.) A privative prefix or suffix. See Privative