Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Prison limits (0.00803 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Prison limits.
English → English
Definition: Prison limits
(l[i^]m"[i^]t), n. [From L. limes, limitis: cf.
F. limite; -or from E. limit, v. See Limit
, v. t.]
1. That which terminates, circumscribes, restrains, or
confines; the bound, border, or edge; the utmost extent;
as, the limit of a walk, of a town, of a country; the
limits of human knowledge or endeavor.
As eager of the chase, the maid
Beyond the forest's verdant limits strayed. --Pope.
2. The space or thing defined by limits.
The archdeacon hath divided it
Into three limits very equally. --Shak.
3. That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period
itself; the full time or extent.
The dateless limit of thy dear exile. --Shak.
The limit of your lives is out. --Shak.
4. A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
I prithee, give no limits to my tongue. --Shak.
5. (Logic & Metaph.) A determining feature; a distinguishing
characteristic; a differentia.
6. (Math.) A determinate quantity, to which a variable one
continually approaches, and may differ from it by less
than any given difference, but to which, under the law of
variation, the variable can never become exactly
. See under Elastic
, a definite, extent of space in or around a
prison, within which a prisoner has liberty to go and
Syn: Boundary; border; edge; termination; restriction; bound;