Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Poundage(0.01149 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Poundage.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a charge based on weight measured in pounds
2: a fee charged for the recovery of impounded animals
3: weight expressed in pounds
4: placing private property in the custody of an officer of the
law [syn: impoundment, impounding, internment]
English → English (gcide)
Poundage \Pound"age\, n.
1. A sum deducted from a pound, or a certain sum paid for
each pound; a commission.
2. A subsidy of twelve pence in the pound, formerly granted
to the crown on all goods exported or imported, and if by
aliens, more. [Eng.] --Blackstone.
3. (Law) The sum allowed to a sheriff or other officer upon
the amount realized by an execution; -- estimated in
England, and formerly in the United States, at so much of
the pound. --Burrill. Bouvier.
Poundage \Pound"age\, v. t.
To collect, as poundage; to assess, or rate, by poundage.
Poundage \Pound"age\, n. [See 3d Pound.]
1. Confinement of cattle, or other animals, in a public
2. A charge paid for the release of impounded cattle.