Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Popular action (0.00980 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Popular action.
English → English
Definition: Popular action
, a. [L. popularis, fr. populus people: cf.
F. populaire. See People
1. Of or pertaining to the common people, or to the whole
body of the people, as distinguished from a select
portion; as, the popular voice; popular elections.
--Bacon. “So the popular vote
The men commonly held in popular estimation are
greatest at a distance. --J. H.
2. Suitable to common people; easy to be comprehended; not
abstruse; familiar; plain.
Homilies are plain popular instructions. --Hooker.
3. Adapted to the means of the common people; possessed or
obtainable by the many; hence, cheap; common; ordinary;
inferior; as, popular prices; popular amusements.
The smallest figs, called popular figs, . . . are,
of all others, the basest and of least account.
4. Beloved or approved by the people; pleasing to people in
general, or to many people; as, a popular preacher; a
popular law; a popular administration.
5. Devoted to the common people; studious of the favor of the
Such popular humanity is treason. --Addison.
6. Prevailing among the people; epidemic; as, a popular
disease. [Obs.] --Johnson.
(Law), an action in which any person may sue
for penalty imposed by statute. --Blackstone.