Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Pomoxys annularis(0.01316 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Pomoxys annularis.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Pomoxys annularis
Bachelor \Bach"e*lor\ (b[a^]ch"[-e]*l[~e]r), n. [OF. bacheler
young man, F. bachelier (cf. Pr. bacalar, Sp. bachiller, Pg.
bacharel, It. baccalare), LL. baccalarius the tenant of a
kind of farm called baccalaria, a soldier not old or rich
enough to lead his retainers into battle with a banner, a
person of an inferior academical degree aspiring to a
doctorate. In the latter sense, it was afterward changed to
baccalaureus. See Baccalaureate, n.]
1. A man of any age who has not been married.
As merry and mellow an old bachelor as ever followed
a hound. --W. Irving.
2. An unmarried woman. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
3. A person who has taken the first or lowest degree in the
liberal arts, or in some branch of science, at a college
or university; as, a bachelor of arts.
4. A knight who had no standard of his own, but fought under
the standard of another in the field; often, a young
5. In the companies of London tradesmen, one not yet admitted
to wear the livery; a junior member. [Obs.]
6. (Zo["o]l.) A kind of bass, an edible fresh-water fish
(Pomoxys annularis) of the southern United States.