Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Poll pick (0.00862 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Poll pick.
English → English
Definition: Poll pick
, n. [Akin to LG. polle the head, the crest of a
bird, the top of a tree, OD. pol, polle, Dan. puld the crown
of a hat.]
1. The head; the back part of the head. “All flaxen was his
2. A number or aggregate of heads; a list or register of
heads or individuals.
We are the greater poll, and in true fear
They gave us our demands. --Shak.
The muster file, rotten and sound, upon my life,
amounts not to fifteen thousand poll. --Shak.
3. Specifically, the register of the names of electors who
may vote in an election.
4. The casting or recording of the votes of registered
electors; as, the close of the poll.
All soldiers quartered in place are to remove . . .
and not to return till one day after the poll is
5. pl. The place where the votes are cast or recorded; as, to
go to the polls.
6. The broad end of a hammer; the but of an ax.
7. (Zo["o]l.) The European chub. See Pollard
, a register of persons entitled to vote at an
(Far.), an inflammatory swelling or abscess on a
horse's head, confined beneath the great ligament of the
(Mining), a pole having a heavy spike on the end,
forming a kind of crowbar.
, a tax levied by the head, or poll; a capitation