Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Polish plait(0.00886 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Polish plait.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Polish plait
Plait \Plait\, n. [OE. playte, OF. pleit, L. plicatum, plicitum,
p. p. of plicare to fold, akin to plectere to plait. See
Ply, and cf. Plat to weave, Pleat, Plight fold.]
1. A flat fold; a doubling, as of cloth; a pleat; as, a box
The plaits and foldings of the drapery. --Addison.
2. A braid, as of hair or straw; a plat.
Polish plait. (Med.) Same as Plica.
Plica \Pli"ca\, n. [LL., a fold, fr. L. plicare to fold. See
1. (Med.) A disease of the hair (Plica polonica), in which it
becomes twisted and matted together. The disease is of
Polish origin, and is hence called also Polish plait.
2. (Bot.) A diseased state in plants in which there is an
excessive development of small entangled twigs, instead of
3. (Zo["o]l.) The bend of the wing of a bird.