Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Platform car(0.00984 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Platform car.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Platform car
Platform \Plat"form`\, n. [Plat, a. + -form: cf. F. plateforme.]
1. A plat; a plan; a sketch; a model; a pattern. Used also
figuratively. [Obs.] --Bacon.
2. A place laid out after a model. [Obs.]
lf the platform just reflects the order. --Pope.
3. Any flat or horizontal surface; especially, one that is
raised above some particular level, as a framework of
timber or boards horizontally joined so as to form a roof,
or a raised floor, or portion of a floor; a landing; a
dais; a stage, for speakers, performers, or workmen; a
4. A declaration of the principles upon which a person, a
sect, or a party proposes to stand; a declared policy or
system; as, the Saybrook platform; a political platform.
“The platform of Geneva.” --Hooker.
5. (Naut.) A light deck, usually placed in a section of the
hold or over the floor of the magazine. See Orlop.
Platform car, a railway car without permanent raised sides
or covering; a f?at.
Platform scale, a weighing machine, with a flat platform on
which objects are weighed.