Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Pinna(0.01031 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Pinna.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: division of a usually pinnately divided leaf [syn: pinnule]
2: the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the
external ear [syn: auricle, ear]
[also: pinnae (pl)]
English → English (gcide)
Pinna \Pin"na\, n.; pl. Pinn[ae], E. Pinnas. [L., a
(a) A leaflet of a pinnate leaf. See Illust. of Bipinnate leaf
, under Bipinnate.
(b) One of the primary divisions of a decompound leaf.
2. (Zo["o]l.) One of the divisions of a pinnate part or
3. [L. pinna, akin to Gr. ?.] (Zo["o]l.) Any species of
Pinna, a genus of large bivalve mollusks found in all
warm seas. The byssus consists of a large number of long,
silky fibers, which have been used in manufacturing woven
fabrics, as a curiosity.
4. (Anat.) The auricle of the ear. See Ear.
Byssus \Bys"sus\, n.; pl. E. Byssuses; L. Byssi.[L. byssus
fine flax, fine linen or cotton, Gr. by`ssos .]
1. A cloth of exceedingly fine texture, used by the ancients.
It is disputed whether it was of cotton, linen, or silk.
[Written also byss and byssin.]
2. (Zo["o]l.) A tuft of long, tough filaments which are
formed in a groove of the foot, and issue from between the
valves of certain bivalve mollusks, as the Pinna and
Mytilus, by which they attach themselves to rocks, etc.
3. (Bot.) An obsolete name for certain fungi composed of