Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Peg tankard(0.01150 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Peg tankard.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Peg tankard
Peg \Peg\, n. [OE. pegge; cf. Sw. pigg, Dan. pig a point,
prickle, and E. peak.]
1. A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards
together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.;
as, a shoe peg.
2. A wooden pin, or nail, on which to hang things, as coats,
etc. Hence, colloquially and figuratively: A support; a
reason; a pretext; as, a peg to hang a claim upon.
3. One of the pins of a musical instrument, on which the
strings are strained. --Shak.
4. One of the pins used for marking points on a cribbage
5. A step; a degree; esp. in the slang phrase “To take one
To screw papal authority to the highest peg.
And took your grandess down a peg. --Hudibras.
6. A drink of spirits, usually whisky or brandy diluted with
soda water. [India]
This over, the club will be visted for a “peg,”
Anglice drink. --Harper's
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
7. (Baseball) a hard throw, especially one made to put out a
Peg ladder, a ladder with but one standard, into which
cross pieces are inserted.
Peg tankard, an ancient tankard marked with pegs, so as
divide the liquor into equal portions. “Drink down to
your peg.” --Longfellow.
Peg tooth. See Fleam tooth under Fleam.
Peg top, a boy's top which is spun by throwing it.
Screw peg, a small screw without a head, for fastening