Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Peg ladder (0.00830 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Peg ladder.
English → English
Definition: Peg ladder
, n. [OE. pegge; cf. Sw. pigg, Dan. pig a point,
prickle, and E. peak.]
1. A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards
together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.;
as, a shoe peg.
2. A wooden pin, or nail, on which to hang things, as coats,
etc. Hence, colloquially and figuratively: A support; a
reason; a pretext; as, a peg to hang a claim upon.
3. One of the pins of a musical instrument, on which the
strings are strained. --Shak.
4. One of the pins used for marking points on a cribbage
5. A step; a degree; esp. in the slang phrase “To take one
To screw papal authority to the highest peg.
And took your grandess down a peg. --Hudibras.
6. A drink of spirits, usually whisky or brandy diluted with
soda water. [India]
This over, the club will be visted for a “peg,”
Anglice drink. --Harper's
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
7. (Baseball) a hard throw, especially one made to put out a
, a ladder with but one standard, into which
cross pieces are inserted.
, an ancient tankard marked with pegs, so as
divide the liquor into equal portions. “Drink down to
. See Fleam tooth
, a boy's top which is spun by throwing it.
, a small screw without a head, for fastening