Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Patch ice (0.00993 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Patch ice.
English → English
Definition: Patch ice
, n. [OE. pacche; of uncertain origin, perh. for
placche; cf. Prov. E. platch patch, LG. plakk, plakke.]
1. A piece of cloth, or other suitable material, sewed or
otherwise fixed upon a garment to repair or strengthen it,
esp. upon an old garment to cover a hole.
Patches set upon a little breach. --Shak.
2. Hence: A small piece of anything used to repair a breach;
as, a patch on a kettle, a roof, etc.
3. A small piece of black silk stuck on the face, or neck, to
hide a defect, or to heighten beauty.
Your black patches you wear variously. --Beau. & Fl.
4. (Gun.) A piece of greased cloth or leather used as
wrapping for a rifle ball, to make it fit the bore.
5. Fig.: Anything regarded as a patch; a small piece of
ground; a tract; a plot; as, scattered patches of trees or
Employed about this patch of ground. --Bunyan.
6. (Mil.) A block on the muzzle of a gun, to do away with the
effect of dispart, in sighting.
7. A paltry fellow; a rogue; a ninny; a fool. [Obs. or
Colloq.] “Thou scurvy patch.”
, ice in overlapping pieces in the sea.
, a patch for covering a crack in a metallic
vessel, as a steam boiler, consisting of soft material, as
putty, covered and held in place by a plate bolted or