Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Paddle steamer(0.00901 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Paddle steamer.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: paddle steamer
n : a steam vessel propelled by paddle wheels [syn: paddle-wheeler]
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Paddle steamer
Paddle \Pad"dle\, n. [See Paddle, v. i.]
1. An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a
fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
2. The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is made;
hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a
paddle, such as that used in table tennis.
Thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon. --Deut.
3. One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference
of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
4. A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let off
water; -- also called clough.
5. (Zo["o]l.) A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
6. A paddle-shaped implement for stirring or mixing.
7. [In this sense prob. for older spaddle, a dim. of spade.]
See Paddle staff (b), below. [Prov. Eng.]
Paddle beam (Shipbuilding), one of two large timbers
supporting the spring beam and paddle box of a steam
Paddle board. See Paddle, n., 3.
Paddle shaft, the revolving shaft which carries the paddle
wheel of a steam vessel.
(a) A staff tipped with a broad blade, used by mole
catchers. [Prov. Eng.]
(b) A long-handled spade used to clean a plowshare; --
called also plow staff. [Prov. Eng.]
Paddle steamer, a steam vessel propelled by paddle wheels,
in distinction from a screw propeller.
Paddle wheel, the propelling wheel of a steam vessel,
having paddles (or floats) on its circumference, and
revolving in a vertical plane parallel to the vessel's