Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Orthography(0.00922 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Orthography.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a method of representing the sounds of a language by written
or printed symbols [syn: writing system]
English → English (gcide)
Orthography \Or*thog"ra*phy\, n. [OE. ortographie, OF.
orthographie, L. orthographia, Gr. ?, fr. ? writing
correctly; 'orqo`s right + gra`fein to write. See Ortho-,
1. The art or practice of writing words with the proper
letters, according to standard usage; conventionally
correct spelling; also, mode of spelling; as, his
orthography is vicious.
When spelling no longer follows the pronunciation,
but is hardened into orthography. --Earle.
2. The part of grammar which treats of the letters, and of
the art of spelling words correctly.
3. A drawing in correct projection, especially an elevation
or a vertical section.
4. The method of spelling the words of a particular language;
the system of symbols used for writing a language.
5. The branch of linguistics concerned with how languages are