Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Obsession(0.01157 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Obsession.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive
actions against your will [syn: compulsion]
2: an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or
someone [syn: fixation]
English → English (gcide)
Obsession \Ob*ses"sion\, n. [L. obsessio: cf. F. obsession.]
1. The act of besieging. [archaic] --Johnson.
2. The state of being besieged; -- used specifically of a
person beset by a spirit from without. [archaic] --Tylor.
Whether by obsession or possession, I will not
3. An excessive preoccupation of the thoughts or feelings;
the persistent haunting or domination of the mind by a
particular desire, idea, or image.
4. Hence: Any driving motive; a compelling goal; -- not
necessarily implying a negative judgment, as does sense 3;
as, the coach was obsessed with winning the state
5. Something that causes an obsession.
6. The state of being obsessed.