Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Northumberland burr(0.01140 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Northumberland burr.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Northumberland burr
Burr \Burr\ (b[^u]r), n. [See Bur.] (Bot.)
1. A prickly seed vessel. See Bur, 1.
2. The thin edge or ridge left by a tool in cutting or
shaping metal, as in turning, engraving, pressing, etc.;
also, the rough neck left on a bullet in casting.
The graver, in plowing furrows in the surface of the
copper, raises corresponding ridges or burrs.
3. A thin flat piece of metal, formed from a sheet by
punching; a small washer put on the end of a rivet before
it is swaged down.
4. A broad iron ring on a tilting lance just below the gripe,
to prevent the hand from slipping.
5. The lobe or lap of the ear.
6. [Probably of imitative origin.] A guttural pronounciation
of the letter r, produced by trilling the extremity of the
soft palate against the back part of the tongue; rotacism;
-- often called the Newcastle burr, Northumberland burr
, or Tweedside burr.
7. The knot at the bottom of an antler. See Bur, n., 8.