Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Newcastle burr (0.00998 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Newcastle burr.
English → English
Definition: Newcastle burr
(b[^u]r), n. [See Bur
1. A prickly seed vessel. See Bur
2. The thin edge or ridge left by a tool in cutting or
shaping metal, as in turning, engraving, pressing, etc.;
also, the rough neck left on a bullet in casting.
The graver, in plowing furrows in the surface of the
copper, raises corresponding ridges or burrs.
3. A thin flat piece of metal, formed from a sheet by
punching; a small washer put on the end of a rivet before
it is swaged down.
4. A broad iron ring on a tilting lance just below the gripe,
to prevent the hand from slipping.
5. The lobe or lap of the ear.
6. [Probably of imitative origin.] A guttural pronounciation
of the letter r, produced by trilling the extremity of the
soft palate against the back part of the tongue; rotacism;
-- often called the Newcastle burr
, Northumberland burr
, or Tweedside burr
7. The knot at the bottom of an antler. See Bur
, n., 8.