Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Nearer(0.01177 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Nearer.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
damping, dekap, dekat
English → English (WordNet)
adj : (comparative of `near') being the one of two that is less
distant in space; “we walked to the nearer house”
adv : (comparative of `near' or `close') within a shorter
distance; “come closer, my dear!”; “they drew nearer”;
“getting nearer to the true explanation” [syn: nigher,
English → English (gcide)
Near \Near\, a. [Compar. Nearer; superl. Nearest.] [See
1. Not far distant in time, place, or degree; not remote;
close at hand; adjacent; neighboring; nigh. “As one near
He served great Hector, and was ever near,
Not with his trumpet only, but his spear. --Dryden.
2. Closely connected or related.
She is thy father's near kinswoman. --Lev. xviii.
3. Close to one's interests, affection, etc.; touching, or
affecting intimately; intimate; dear; as, a near friend.
4. Close to anything followed or imitated; not free, loose,
or rambling; as, a version near to the original.
5. So as barely to avoid or pass injury or loss; close;
narrow; as, a near escape; a near miss.
6. Next to the driver, when he is on foot; in the Unted
States, on the left of an animal or a team; as, the near
ox; the near leg. See Off side, under Off, a.
7. Immediate; direct; close; short. “The nearest way.”
8. Close-fisted; parsimonious. [Obs. or Low, Eng.]
Note: Near may properly be followed by to before the thing
approached; but more frequently to is omitted, and the
adjective or the adverb is regarded as a preposition.
The same is also true of the word nigh.
Syn: Nigh; close; adjacent; proximate; contiguous; present;
ready; intimate; familiar; dear.