Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mump(0.01243 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Mump.
English → English (gcide)
Mump \Mump\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mumped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To utter imperfectly, brokenly, or feebly.
Old men who mump their passion. --Goldsmith.
2. To work over with the mouth; to mumble; as, to mump food.
3. To deprive of (something) by cheating; to impose upon.
Mump \Mump\, v. i. [Akin to mumble; cf. D. mompen to cheat;
perh. orig., to whine like a beggar, D. mompelen to mumble.
See Mumble, Mum, and cf. Mumps.]
1. To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in
He mumps, and lovers, and hangs the lip. --Taylor,
2. To talk imperfectly, brokenly, or feebly; to chatter
3. To cheat; to deceive; to play the beggar.
And then when mumping with a sore leg, . . . canting
and whining. --Burke.
4. To be sullen or sulky. [Prov. Eng.]