Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mummies(0.01922 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Mummies.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: informal terms for a mother [syn: ma, mama, mamma, mom,
momma, mommy, mammy, mum, mater]
2: a body embalmed and dried and wrapped for burial (as in
English → English (gcide)
Mummy \Mum"my\ (m[u^]m"m[y^]), n.; pl. Mummies
(m[u^]m"m[i^]z). [F. momie; cf. Sp. & Pg. momia, It. mummia;
all fr. Per. m[=u]miy[=a], fr. m[=u]m wax.]
1. A dead body embalmed and dried after the manner of the
ancient Egyptians; also, a body preserved, by any means,
in a dry state, from the process of putrefaction. --Bacon.
2. Dried flesh of a mummy. [Obs.] --Sir. J. Hill.
3. A gummy liquor that exudes from embalmed flesh when
heated; -- formerly supposed to have magical and medicinal
properties. [Obs.] --Shak. --Sir T. Herbert.
4. A brown color obtained from bitumen. See Mummy brown
5. (Gardening) A sort of wax used in grafting, etc.
6. One whose affections and energies are withered.
Mummy brown, a brown color, nearly intermediate in tint
between burnt umber and raw umber. A pigment of this color
is prepared from bitumen, etc., obtained from Egyptian
Mummy wheat (Bot.), wheat found in the ancient mummy cases
of Egypt. No botanist now believes that genuine mummy
wheat has been made to germinate in modern times.
To beat to a mummy, to beat to a senseless mass; to beat