Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mooring(0.01112 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Mooring.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a place where a craft can be made fast [syn: moorage, berth,
2: (nautical) a line that holds an object (especially a boat)
in place [syn: mooring line]
English → English (gcide)
Moor \Moor\ (m[=oo]r), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Moored (m[=oo]rd);
p. pr. & vb. n. Mooring.] [Prob. fr. D. marren to tie,
fasten, or moor a ship. See Mar.]
1. (Naut.) To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular
place by casting anchor, or by fastening with cables or
chains; as, the vessel was moored in the stream; they
moored the boat to the wharf.
2. Fig.: To secure, or fix firmly. --Brougham.
Mooring \Moor"ing\, n.
1. The act of confining a ship to a particular place, by
means of anchors or fastenings.
2. That which serves to confine a ship to a place, as
anchors, cables, bridles, etc.
3. pl. The place or condition of a ship thus confined.
And the tossed bark in moorings swings. --Moore.
Mooring block (Naut.), a heavy block of cast iron sometimes
used as an anchor for mooring vessels.