Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Mask house (0.00743 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Mask house.
English → English
Definition: Mask house
(m[.a]sk), n. [F. masque, LL. masca, mascha, mascus;
cf. Sp. & Pg. m['a]scara, It. maschera; all fr. Ar. maskharat
buffoon, fool, pleasantry, anything ridiculous or mirthful,
fr. sakhira to ridicule, to laugh at. Cf. Masque
1. A cover, or partial cover, for the face, used for disguise
or protection; as, a dancer's mask; a fencer's mask; a
ball player's mask.
2. That which disguises; a pretext or subterfuge.
3. A festive entertainment of dancing or other diversions,
where all wear masks; a masquerade; hence, a revel; a
frolic; a delusive show. --Bacon.
This thought might lead me through the world's vain
4. A dramatic performance, formerly in vogue, in which the
actors wore masks and represented mythical or allegorical
5. (Arch.) A grotesque head or face, used to adorn keystones
and other prominent parts, to spout water in fountains,
and the like; -- called also mascaron
(a) In a permanent fortification, a redoubt which protects
(b) A screen for a battery.
7. (Zo["o]l.) The lower lip of the larva of a dragon fly,
modified so as to form a prehensile organ.
8. A person wearing a mask; a masker.
The mask that has the arm of the Indian queen. --G.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
9. (Sporting) The head or face of a fox.
, a house for masquerades. [Obs.]
, a cast of the face of a dead person.