Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Living force(0.01021 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Living force.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Living force
Living \Liv"ing\ (l[i^]v"[i^]ng), a. [From Live, v. i.]
1. Being alive; having life; as, a living creature. Opposed
2. Active; lively; vigorous; -- said esp. of states of the
mind, and sometimes of abstract things; as, a living
faith; a living principle. “ Living hope. ” --Wyclif.
3. Issuing continually from the earth; running; flowing; as,
a living spring; -- opposed to stagnant.
4. Producing life, action, animation, or vigor; quickening.
“Living light.” --Shak.
5. Ignited; glowing with heat; burning; live.
Then on the living coals wine they pour. --Dryden.
Living force. See Vis viva, under Vis.
Living gale (Naut.), a heavy gale.
Living rock or Living stone, rock in its native or
original state or location; rock not quarried. “ I now
found myself on a rude and narrow stairway, the steps of
which were cut out of the living rock.” --Moore.
The living, those who are alive, or one who is alive.