Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Limpet(0.00898 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Limpet.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: mollusk with a low conical shell
2: any of various usually marine gastropods with low conical
shells; found clinging to rocks in littoral areas
English → English (gcide)
Limpet \Lim"pet\ (l[i^]m"p[e^]t), n. [Prob. through French fr.
L. lepas, -adis, Gr. lepa`s, -a`dos.] (Zo["o]l.)
1. In a general sense, any hatshaped, or conical, gastropod
2. Any one of many species of marine shellfish of the order
Docoglossa, mostly found adhering to rocks, between
Note: The common European limpets of the genus Patella
(esp. Patella vulgata) are extensively used as food.
The common New England species is Acm[ae]a testudinalis
. Numerous species of limpets occur on the
Pacific coast of America, some of them of large size.
3. Hence: Somthing or someone that clings tenaciously to
another object or person; specifically a military
explosive device having magnets allowing it to cling to a
metallic target object, such as the hull of a ship.
3. Any species of Siphonaria, a genus of limpet-shaped
Pulmonifera, living between tides, on rocks.
4. A keyhole limpet. See Fissurella.