Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Level line (0.00775 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Level line.
English → English
Definition: Level line
1. Even; flat; having no part higher than another; having, or
conforming to, the curvature which belongs to the
undisturbed liquid parts of the earth's surface; as, a
level field; level ground; the level surface of a pond or
Ample spaces o'er the smooth
And level pavement. --Milton.
2. Coinciding or parallel with the plane of the horizon;
horizontal; as, the telescope is now level.
3. Even with anything else; of the same height; on the same
line or plane; on the same footing; of equal importance;
-- followed by with, sometimes by to.
Young boys and girls
Are level now with men; the odds is gone. --Shak.
Everything lies level to our wish. --Shak.
4. Straightforward; direct; clear; open.
A very plain and level account. --M. Arnold.
5. Well balanced; even; just; steady; impartial; as, a level
head; a level understanding. [Colloq.] “ A level
6. (Phonetics) Of even tone; without rising or falling
inflection. --H. Sweet.
(Shipbuilding), the outline of a section which
is horizontal crosswise, and parallel with the rabbet of
the keel lengthwise.
(Physics), an equipotential surface at right
angles at every point to the lines of force.